Zoulr - Rogue Application

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Zoulr - Rogue Application

Postby Zoulr » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Personal information

Languages: In order of significance, I'd guess: English, German, Greek
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study):
Even though I have 3 exam periods left on my master's I'm pretty sure I can make it without missing any raids, the reason I'm looking into 2day/week raiding is to be able to meet both IRL deadlines and the guild schedule. The only 'scheduled' thing that might keep me away from raiding, could be the one or two vacations I take during summer. Although since both my gf and I are busy during the week, the limited times we get to go away, it's during the weekend, meaning I'd only miss Sunday's raid.
One thing, is that my classes end at 20.00 on Wednesday, generally I get to be home before 20.30 but depending on the traffic I might be a couple of minutes late.

General character information:

Name: Zoulr on Kazzak
Class: Rogue
Raid Role: DPS
Battle tag: Zoulis#2750
Discord tag: Zoulis/Zoulr#8900

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ther/zoulr

My single target sub and sass gear are around 380 (although my sass gear lacks 1 good azerite trait)
My m+ sass and sub gear are at 381 and 382 respectively. (M+ sub gear is same as Zul gear, which is pretty well optimized at the moment)

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional:

UI: https://prnt.sc/ll42pe

I used to play with ElvUI and all the works but since Uldir's optimization is down the drain I switched to normal blizz UI, since I prefered keeping my Weak Auras over ElvUIof course, hopefully in 8.1 with DirectX 12 and better optimization we'll get to run any number of addons we want in the raid. I have personalized WAs for each fight in Uldir. Also up to 3 emphasized bars show up at the left of my main WA group when an ability is incoming in less than 6 seconds.

VoD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/72655904

Video isn’t really a recent kill but it’s all I’ve got at the moment, it seems like I didn’t keep anything from my streams during the first patches of Legion. I decided to swap to my current UI for BfA since I feel like it fits the current style of Rogue more than what I used up to now, which you can see in the previous VoD.

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression?

I can play all 3 speccs of Rogue with relative ease, although I'm most comfortable and greatly enjoy playing Subtlety. But I always tend to swap on what's best for the fight/the guild on any given boss.
e.g Cenarius mythic, where we had a distinct lack of people that could successfully soak thorns, so I swapped to Outlaw, fished for True Bearing from Roll the Bones during the whole fight, for the huge CD reduction on cloak and ran around the room clearing thorns constantly.

Right now, that my gear has increased abit my choice would be:
Sub or Sass for Taloc (If I had shoulders with archive this would 100% be a sass fight)
Sub for Mother
Sub for Zek'voz
Sass for Vectis
Depending on the average guild Kill timer, Sub or Sass for fetid (anything between 4.20-5mins I'd go for Sass, below 4.20 or above I'd go Sub)
Sub for Zul
Sass for Mythrax
Sub for Ghuun (According to logs sub and sass are just as good DPSwise on Ghuun, but sub is just so much better since it can solo carry the orb on the right side)

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history:

I’m not much of a guild jumper, whenever I’ve changed guilds it’s been either due to scheduling conflicts that came up, me quitting the game or the guild disbanding. My raiding guilds have been the following:

Nex Noctis: A casual 3day raiding guild on Executus, I raided there over the whole of WotLK and the beginning of Cataclysm, where I quit the game since I was in my last year of school, which in Greece tends to be a straining period because of the 10/10 educational system.

iPug: After coming back to the game during patch 5.14, I joined iPug on Sylvanas, a guild that consisted of alts of people in higher tier raiding guilds in Sylvanas, raiding one day a week. Due to a scheduling conflict I joined a guild that just started their 25man raiding team in preparation for the mythic changes, called Unknown Entity.
Unknown Entity: UE was a semi-hardcore 3day raiding guild. I raided with them during the whole 5.14 patch. After a year of SoO I decided to take a break from the game until WoD released, but never really had the desire to start playing again until the last patch of WoD.

Dallunkens/Zero Empathy/Hexagon: All 3 of these guilds are in essence the same guild, going through multiple drama and reform. I raided with them from HFC up to the first week of NH where I quit playing the game, since it was the first time that I started working during my studies, which came as somewhat of a shock to me. As well as not being able to keep up with the grind needed in legion to stay at the level I was used of being during the expansion up to that point.

Archetype: Between the forms and reforms of Zero Empathy, I joined Archetype on Silvermoon EU for a brief period of time. Unfortunately, because of the lack of consistency of scheduling in the greek university, some of my classes changed times and coincided with Archetype raiding hours. I moved back to Twisting Nether and joined the next iteration of Zero Empathy.

Right now I’m in Equity, more info in the next section.

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild?

My last actual raiding guild was Hexagon, during the first patches of Legion. Right as NH hit, I got my first full time job while also being in my last year of university. I had set the bar pretty high for myself in terms of performance and having to cut back from WoW, especially with the grinding one needed to do in Legion, would affect my ability to remain at the level I was playing at. At the time, seeing how the guild had huge issues, and I was only staying around so I could be able to play with friends, my personal raid performance was all that kept my motivation up during raids. I felt like, not being able to keep up with the grind outside of raiding, mostly getting to grind enough to actually get BiS legendaries, since I had amassed 54 traits before NH was released, but also farming TF and WF items, would affect my only source of enjoyment at the time in the game (as I felt I was locked in the guild) too much to keep playing. Long story short, I prefered to quit the game than not being able to play at the level I was used to. This was also one of my main concerns when deciding on if I want to come back to the game for BfA (if factors in my control outside of raiding, could keep me from being the best version of myself that I can be), but the amount of grinding is greatly decreased since Legion and my playtime during the week is more than enough to keep the pace.

My current guild is Equity, where I've done a couple of farms raid with and generally mostly just joined for Zul. The guild already had a raid team, something which I knew, so I wasn't expecting to play progress bosses this tier anyway. This week the raid team fell apart and merged with the guild's 2nd team, which raids on hours that don't suit me.

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?

I started playing WoW late during TBC, and being completely clueless back then, it took me around 7 months to cap, it’s needless to say that I didn’t raid until WotLK.

Wrath of the Lich King

I was a Shadow Priest back then, Zoulis on Executus.

Patch 3.1: Naxxramas 10/25 Cleared , Sartharion 3drakes cleared , Malygos cleared.

Patch 3.2: Ulduar 25 with a few amount of Hard Modes cleared. Ulduar 10 cleared, all Hard Modes cleared and Algalon dead.

Patch 3.3: ToC 25hc Killed all but Anub hc.

Patch 3.4: ICC 25hc Killed all but LK hc, ICC10hc: Cleared ( LK 10hc could’ve died during patch 4.0, unfortunately I can’t really recall ) , Halion 25 normal cleared , after that my guild took a break up to Cataclysm.

Cataclysm

Patch 4.1: Still with Nex Noctis; BoT 25normal cleared and killed Halfus on heroic ,BWD 25normal cleared and TotFW normal cleared, all early in the patch.

That was when I had to take a break from WoW and I didn’t really come back till SoO. (This was done on my Enhancement Shaman since I had switched mains for Cataclysm, It’s Zoul on Executus)

Mists of Pandaria

I returned to the game during the SoO patch, just as the world first race had ended if I recall correctly. I moved to Sylvanas to PvP with some friends and then the Raiding bug hit me again. On my Shadow Priest (Zoulis on Sylvanas), I got 14/14 25man hc SoO within a month of progress with Unknown Entity. After the endless farm in SoO the slight reprieve I had of being in the WoD beta and testing Highmaul and BrF wasn’t enough to keep me from burning out and I quit the game.

Warlords of Draenor

Friends of mine persuaded me to come back to the game, just as the HFC patch launched, so I started playing on Twisting Nether. I got 13/13 HFC mythic within a month of the formation of Zero Empathy (after reforming from previously being called Dallunkens).

Legion

After Archi was downed, Zero Empathy decided to try and bolster the roster and push higher world ranks. We actively recruited and ended up with a pretty good roster, but all went awry as EN mythic launched, some guild drama led to the guild reforming once again to Hexagon. With which we got:

7/7 EN mythic, 3/3 ToV hc (since ToV hc was harder than EN mythic, I think it’s worth mentioning), 1/3 ToV mythic

The week mythic NH was released was the week I started working full hours for the first time while also being in my last semester of uni, the workload along with the long grinding hours needed in legion to stay in the level of competition I strived at being, made me decide to take a step back from the game after killing just 1 boss (I sat the first 2 bosses and joined in for Trillax).

Something else I’d like to add in the Legion section is that we had one of the strongest M+ teams in TN, behind the Serenity boys during 7.0-7.1, both regarding keystone levels and artifact power generation.

Battle for Azeroth

6/8 Uldir mythic atm, just in Equity's farm raids, I haven't progressed any boss.

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?

It’s probably going to be a weird choice, but I’m going to have to go with Mannoroth, the first time I progressed him, with lower ilvl rings. I feel like the fight had the right balance of being a DPS check, but also requiring personal responsibility and raid coordination. If I remember correctly I think it took us 1.5 reset to down him. I’ve picked this boss, taking into account that our guild, was a mix of people that weren’t exactly too serious about raiding, people that couldn’t really focus and some that actually wanted to progress, there was a lot that could go wrong in the fight with different abilities hitting the wrong people (especially for instance the curse and pushback overlap in the last phase). On the other hand, there was a lot someone could perfect to make the fight as easy as possible on the others, from helping the healers by avoiding every single comet consistently, to the whole raid, by positioning correctly and using ones movement abilities in a timely fashion to create more space for the rest during the knockback/curse phase.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:

HfC Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... artition=1

7.0.1-7.1 Logs (EN/ToV/NH):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 809/latest

Current Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/11288809

Having not progressed any of the fights, and joining the mythic raid with very low ilvl in the beginning, my logs are quite mediocre at the moment, but it's something I'm actively looking to fix, I haven't really gotten to raid at all since my gear became decent enough and got a grasp of the fights.

I’ve also linked my old logs as I feel that's my strongest card, as I think it shows who I can be when I’m in a guild and I’m raiding seriously and motivated.

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion?

After coming back to the game, I wanted to keep myself casual, running m+ with friends and pugging, but it seems I can’t keep away from raiding. Since Equity's first raid team is falling apart and since I’m working and I’m on the 2nd year of my master’s degree, I still don’t have the time to raid more than 2 days a week. With that in mind and looking to make the most of my raiding time, I started looking for either an established 2 day guild or a strong up-and-coming one. I had some reservations, due to the fact that I’d have to swap to alliance, but I decided it’s more important to raid in a more serious and motivated environment than to stay horde, where I can still play with friends on my alt.
I'm looking for a guild where I can find quality raids, but also have fun during and outside of raids, and Avalerion seems like the guild to have that.

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?

I feel like I'm highly focused and motivated as far as Raiding is concerned (but also pretty lighthearted during the raid, whenever the situation allows it), something that is needed when only raiding twice a week, and can provide a steady raider you can count on, for doing anything in the raid.
I'm not going to pretend I'm infallible, but I tend to learn from any mistake I might make and not repeat it (I work on them both inside and outside the raid through logs), as well as learn from the way others handle abilities.

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?

I currently have a warrior, but I'm waiting to settle down in a guild to start an alt I'll end up focusing on. My current plan is to level up and focus on a Shadow Priest when 8.1 hits

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?

Currently I've got a freshly maxed Warrior on Horde side, which should I get accepted will probably stay as Horde to be able to play with friends. My alt on the alliance side would be a Demon Hunter that I could level and gear up pretty fast, a shadow priest I already have on alliance and can level up (my old main) or anything that might be preferable to the guild.

Thank you for reading my application!
Zoulr

Main Character: Zoulr

Re: Zoulr - Rogue Application

Postby Shedo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 am

Hi Zoulr,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful. Please contact an officer in-game if you require further information, we wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Regards,
Shedi
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications