Priest Healer Application

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Priest Healer Application

Postby Atein » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:18 am

Personal information

Languages: English, Swedish
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): No

General character information:

Name: Atein
Class: Priest
Raid Role: Healer
Battle tag: Eleiy#2469

Give justification for your talent choices:
As Discipline I'm playing:
Castigation for the increase to Penance damage/healing since I'm using Soul of the High Priest
Angelic Feather for movement
Shield Discipline for the mana efficiency or Mindbender when it lines up better with mechanics
Sanctuary for the increase in Smite absorption
Purge the Wicked for the extra damage
Evangelism to increase the healing window for mass atonement healing

As Holy I'm using:
Enlightenment for the mana regen
Angelic Feather for movement
Afterlife for longer Spirit of Redemption since it's on the CC tier and everything else is mostly useless in raids
Light of the Naaru to cycle through Holy Words faster
Piety or Binding Heal depending on the damage patterns and the kind of fight it is
Divinity for the increase in healing
Benediction for the free Renews on people

Give justification for your gemming and secondary stat choices.
For Discipline I feel comfortable with a pretty high amount of Mastery, and most of my best gear went towards that so I have Haste gems/enchants to make up for that since you want a good amount of Haste for Disc.
For Holy I have a really high amount of Crit since I felt that more Mastery would just result in overhealing and Haste and Vers aren't really that valuable after a certain point.

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear):
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... trom/atein

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional:
https://imgur.com/a/fVANs

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression?
I can play Holy and Discipline though I have far more experience with Holy, I have zero experience with Shadow.

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history:
In Emerald Nightmare and for most of Nighthold I was in a Swedish guild (Astral Disaster) on The Maelstrom, but that disbanded when we lacked the players to push for Cutting Edge on Gul'dan.

A few of us from that guild decided to join another guild (Lightbringer) on the server to get Cutting Edge in Nighthold, and we managed to do that, but then some drama started, and all my friends left so I felt kind of awkward staying and decided to look for another guild.

For Tomb of Sargeras I joined another guild on The Maelstrom (Diverse Society) and while I like a lot of the people in the guild I just do not feel we have even close to the progress we should have for how much we raid and as such I decided to look elsewhere, and that's how I came to apply here.

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild?
Kind of touched on this above, but my guild is 8/9 while raiding 3 days a week for 3 hours, and to push Cutting Edge they even decided to add another day, so for a while we've raided 12 hours a week and I still don't feel we're at a level where we can actually manage to get Cutting Edge, which to me feels a bit absurd.
Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (in 10, 20, 25 or 40 man raids, before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?
I've played WoW on and off since Vanilla, but until Legion I've never really raided at a high level.

In Mythic Emerald Nightmare I played Restoration Druid and got Cutting Edge.

In Mythic Nighthold I started as a Restoration Druid but after killing Krosus I rerolled to my Priest and got Cutting Edge on Gul'dan.

In Mythic ToS I've been playing Holy Priest until we got to KJ and I started to play Discipline.

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?
It might be Mythic KJ, just because I've been learning Discipline on the fly as well as learning the boss itself.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:
From Mythic KJ progression: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jy ... pe=healing

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion?
I feel that I am spending far too much time in raids with little progress and feel that Avalerion would be a huge improvement when it comes to that.

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?
I think that I am a really good Holy Priest and that while I'm in the process of learning Discipline I should be able to perform well as a Discipline Priest too.

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?
My Restoration Druid I suppose is the only that would be of interest, at the moment it's about 935 iLvl but it's really held back by bad legendaries, but if it's seen as an asset I suppose I could try and push to get better legendaries on it as I already have 8/12 for Restoration.
Atein
Trialist

Main Character: Atein

Re: Priest Healer Application

Postby Ozinaq » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:32 am

Hi Atein,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, your application is currently under review and we will come back to you with an answer shortly.

Kind regards,
Ozi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Ozinaq
Officer

Main Character: Ozinaq

Re: Priest Healer Application

Postby Shedo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi Atein,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I am pleased to inform you that your application has been successful! Please contact an officer in-game for an invite or further questions.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications