Rogue Application

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Rogue Application

Postby Irisiri » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:07 am

Personal information

Languages: English
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): I occasionally have to support regulatory inspections at work; this would have resulted in my being quite late for 1 raid in 2017. These usually have over a month's notice.

General character information:

Name: Irisiri-EarthenRing
Class: Rogue
Raid Role: Standing in puddlesDamage
Battle tag: Irisiri#1499

Give justification for your talent choices:
Quick Draw: Synergises with legendary bracers for single target; provides highest cycle rate (for restless blades CDR) for AoE
Acrobatic Strikes: Provides positioning flexiblity and allows cleaving which might not otherwise be possible; replaced with Grappling Hook if applicable to the encounter (only possibly KJ in ToS)
Deeper Stratagem: Simple 'Highest DPS option' pick
Cheat Death: General purpose get out of jail free card; can be replaced with Elusiveness where more applicable to soakcraft
Dirty Tricks: Non-raid talent row, but useful in M+ for stopping trash casts
Alacrity: Simple 'Highest DPS option' pick
Marked for Death: Highest overall DPS option in most cases (I do not have a high-iLevel Nightblooming Frond to play RNG roulette with Slice and Dice)

Give justification for your gemming and secondary stat choices.
Gems: Agility provides the highest DPS/point unless gear is very unbalanced (which is likely best addressed by changing jewelry); my Insignia of Ravenholt (used for AoE) is gemmed versatility for the same reason, likewise versatility enchants.
Secondaries: I wouldn't say the stats themselves are 'chosen'; I select pieces based on simmed stat-weights (eg my haste/crit ring is not ideal given the above, but has enough iLevels to offset that)

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear):
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ng/irisiri
I will be wearing either Legendary bracers + 935 Vers/Mast ring or 945 Vers/Mast bracers and Insignia of Ravenholt depending on single/multi target respectively

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional:
https://imgur.com/a/snVh2 and https://imgur.com/a/V2XMG with a few annotations as there's a number of unlabelled WAs

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression?
As a single-role class I have been focusing AP into my main weapons so my OS weapons are i956/55 traits and i952/52 traits currently; I do have all dropped legendaries and alternative gear pieces for the other specs (notably haste-free neck/belt/ring/trinket at approx the same iLevel). I currently intend to put AP into one of the dagger sets, depending on how things are looking on the PTR, once I hit 75

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history:
Classic/TBC: Force of Will, raid group (not guild) on Earthen Ring; disbanded in Sunwell
WotLK, MoP, WoD, Legion: Unity Path, raid group and later guild on Earthen Ring

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild?
Unity Path was formerly a fairly hardcore guild but since MoP has been aimed at what is now heroic; we have done some of what is now mythic as time and people allowed but it is not the aim of the group to do so, and thus recruitment etc is not done on that basis; I would like to raid mythic regularly and it is therefore for me to find an alternative home

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (in 10, 20, 25 or 40 man raids, before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?
Classic: All but Viscidus and the latter part of Naxx40 (Thaddius, Loatheb, Gothik, Ponies, Sapphy, KT)
TBC: All but M'uru and KJ. Got some glowsticks out of it too
Wrath: All but Heroic LK and the Ruby Sanctum (including getting Death's Demise)
Cata: I did not really play in Cata; I'm going to assume a H:Morchok kill doesn't count for a lot
MoP: All normals, 1/13 heroic ToT and 9/14 SoO
Warlords: Unity Path was not active at the start of Warlords; I eventually gave up trying to pug heroic Imperator and returned later in the expansion, clearing heroic Hellfire Citadel
Legion: All heroics, 3/10 Mythic Nighthold (being the 20th body for a friend's guild) and 5/9 Tomb (3/9 pre-crucible)

This rogue has been my main since TBC.

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?
Yogg-Saron+0: It had a lot going on compared to the tools available (both in terms of addons and classes) back then but you also had more influence over your performance than say Firefighter in the same instance; particularly having to manage sanity as a finite resource whilst dealing with everything else, such as clearing the brain rooms as fast as possible

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:
Main page: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps
Current group page: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/107328/ (see Sun 01Oct17 for Host progression, Sun 14Sep17 for Sisters progression)
My own guild with some M+: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/14712/

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion?
I would like to take on the most challenging content on a time schedule that is compatible with having a full time job. You tick both of those boxes.

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?
I have extensive raiding experience, both as rogue but also in other roles; I've tanked and healed regularly through the life of the game as well. I find it helps to understand the challenges the group as a whole faces (for example if you've never tanked you won't appreciate how hard it can be to get a large-hitbox mob to stand where you want it to stand, if you don't heal you don't see the losses if people are not stacked for AoE heals).
I enjoy optimising characters, from the spreadsheets of old to shadowcraft and now to simcraft; I use SimC regularly to make comparisions and generate things like stat weights and relic trait values (they are so dependant on so many variables I don't think using pre-prepared lists is a good idea)
I used to raid lead in classic and TBC and have supported raid leaders since; using worldoflogs/warcraftlogs to identify issues etc.
I can code so can help with WeakAura type things if needed; the blade flurry / insignia target trackers in my UI are my own for example.

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?
I have a protection warrior currently at ~i935/67 traits, which I have tanked with since classic (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... g/judicier)

P.S. I'm currently Outlaw as it was the best spec on paper at the start of the expansion (I was all ready to play Assassination/Exsanginate in 7.0 before it got nerfed 6 feet underground) and being that I've either been doing heroic or been one of the best-geared in mythics I've not felt a need to change; I understand that at your level I would need to follow the flow of buffs and nerfs

P.P.S. The non-guild raid group thing is I think something of an Earthen Ring-ism; in classic the majority of raiding was done intially seperate to guilds, and has been moving to the 'normal' guild-based raiding since Cata. This is why I'm still enjoying my private guild bank
Irisiri

Main Character: Irisiri

Re: Rogue Application

Postby Shedo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi Irisiri,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, your application is currently under review and we will come back to you with an answer shortly.

Kind regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Re: Rogue Application

Postby Shedo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:27 am

Hi Irisiri,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful. Please contact an officer in-game if you require further information, we wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications