Shadow/ Disc priest Application

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Shadow/ Disc priest Application

Postby Zunarlon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Personal information

Languages: English
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): Perhaps have to take time off in June 2018 for Exam period.

General character information:

Name: Zunarien
Class:Priest
Raid Role: DPS
Battle tag: Zunarlon#2763

Give justification for your talent choices:

So right now there's a fairly set build for shadow. In tier 15 Twist of Fate is by far the best choice for execute damage and even better when you can proc it on adds on a fight. Tier 30 is all utility, I prefer to take Body and Soul for burst movement but on fights where there is constant movement like Mistress mythic I prefer to take mania. Skipping tier 45 because its utility, tier 60 lingering insanity is by far the best for quickly getting back into voidform after it drops and keeping dots ticking quickly. Tier 75 has been a bit of a battle for last few raid tiers because SL and AS are very competitive. AS is the go-to atm but SL is generally better with a higher mastery build. (particulary for me because I have low mastery) AS is better. Mindbender is strongest for spriests right now because the cooldown of mindbender works very well with the 1 minute voidform cycles we have. This means that every voidform we have 1 void torrent and 1 mindbender. THis creates and very linear playstyle. Please note that this playstyle is liable to change coming into next tier because we will no longer have the T20 4 set so insanity decay will be more significant. (I'm sorry if I have gone into too much detail here)

Give justification for your gemming and secondary stat choices.

As standard I am gemmed into haste, and have my 1 intellect gem. My stats are sitting on about 31% Crit, 37% Haste, 60% mastery. I almost have a little too much haste and need to focus on building more crit/ mastery as maintaining the 1 minute voidform cycle is not an issue on my current haste level. There's a pretty cool graph which I use from the H2P discord that can be used roughly to get best stat weightings.

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear):

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... s/zunarien

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional:

https://imgur.com/a/J8fy4

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression?

As you may be able to see from my logs - I play disc priest as well. I played it quite a bit on mythic but I play shadow for the majority of the kills. I enjoy playing disc and wouldn't have any issue playing it if it was required for a fight.

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history:

Played in the guild I do now (After name change) from HFC. Had a brief move to Kazzak while the guild took a break towards the end of HFC (downing up to manno mythic) and since have returned.

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild?

In the future I will no longer be able to meet the raid schedule for my current guild. The guild also has many attendance issues which is very frustrating for the raiders. I want a new home where I can feel like part of a community again and push progression.
Raiding Background:

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?

To be honest I think the hardest fight I've faced has been Mannoroth mythic. It took us over 400 wipes and required a lot of spacial awareness from all the raiders. I don't think it was the hardest mechanically but there was a lot to pay attention to.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... s/zunarien

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion?

I want to join Avalerion because I want to be part of a team that can consistently perform and clear raid content while it is relevant. Also I am very keen on being a part of a raid team that raids only twice a week while maintaining such progress - which I feel is very impressive.

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?

I have a positive attitude and I am quickly able to pick up mechanics and will respond well to feedback. I follow a lot of top players for my spec so I can stay up to date with being optimal for every boss. Whenever there is a role for a kill that needs filling I'm always happy to volunteer. I'm a pretty chill guy, do love a good bit of M+ as well :D

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?

I also play a feral druid, but I have neglected it a lot this tier so it has fallen behind.
Zunarlon

Main Character: Zunarien

Re: Shadow/ Disc priest Application

Postby Shedo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:42 am

Hi Zunarlon,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, your application is currently under review and we will come back to you with an answer shortly.

Kind regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Re: Shadow/ Disc priest Application

Postby Shedo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi Zunarlon,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful. Please contact an officer in-game if you require further information, we wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications