Furial - Feral Druid

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Furial - Feral Druid

Postby Furial » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:49 pm

Personal information:

Languages: Portuguese, English - fluent level on both.
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): I'm going on holidays from the 14th to the 28th of July.

General character information:

Name: Furial
Class: Druid
Raid Role: DPS - Feral
Battle tag: Furial#2207

Give justification for your talent choices:

Tier 1 - DPS row - Blood Scent. With the crit nerfs in 7.1.5, Blood Scent, which gives 10% critical chance became the go-to option (as opposed to Lunar Inspiration). However, this Talent will be replaced with Predator (Tiger's Fury resets when a target dies) on fights with constant frequent low-HP adds such as, Skorpyron, Botanist provided you have Luffa's to reach the adds with Thrash (orbs alone wouldn't make it worth it), Tichondrius and Gul'dan.

Tier 2 - Mobility row - Displacer Beast. On top of all the movement speed a Feral has at its disposal, a blink becomes indispensable as an additional tool to reposition themselves, be it to avoid a mechanic or to get to a newly spawn add ASAP.

Tier 3 - Utility row - Balance Affinity. Extra range on my melee abilities allows me to and from mobs quicker and allows me to not stack on all the melee if there's a melee mechanic to avoid. Star Augur's Grand Conjunction is a great example.

Tier 4 - CC row - Generally using Typhoon to push adds off of people to cover up for mistakes. Examples would be Botanist's plants or even Gul'dan's parasites.

Tier 5 - DPS row - Savage Roar. 25% flat DPS increase, nothing compares to it in terms of raw throughput. Incarnation could be useful but it's extremely situational, hasn't seen any use in progress content so far. We'd need a burst-heavy mechanic to line up properly with the cooldown and even so, Savage Roar wouldn't be very far behind.

Tier 6 - DPS row - Jagged Wound. There's nothing that comes close to it in that row.

Tier 7 - DPS row - Bloodtalons for most encounters. This is the bread and butter of a Feral. Being able to consistently Rake and Rip with a 50% damage buff on them. However, on fights with low-HP add waves, Brutal Slash is preferable. This would be Skorpyron, Tichondrius and Gul'dan as you can see here and here.

Give justification for your gemming and secondary stat choices.

A Feral Druid's stat priorities vary depending on how much of a stat you currently have. Generally, you want Agility > Mastery > Crit > Versatility > Haste. Agility as top and Haste as bottom are pretty constant for Patchwerk-like fights. Haste will only outweigh other secondary stats in sustained AoE scenarios such a Botanist Normal/Heroic. At this very moment, for my exact gear the priority is Agi (1.00) > Versatility (0.80) > Mastery (0.77) > Crit (0.74) > Haste (0.60). As versatility can drastically shift with 1 piece of equipment and Mastery is reliably strong, I'm gemming mastery.

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear): Link!

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional: Screenshot!

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression?

I don't, sorry. I'm missing 2 legendaries as Feral, Kil'jaden's Burning Wish and the BiS. Once I get the BiS I plan on setting my loot spec as Balance, depending on the performance gap between Feral and Balance on specific fights.

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history:

Oh boy, there's been too many over the years (rebuilds of the same guild for most of it). I'll color-code the "you probably have better things to do than to read this" guilds.

VoiD - Hellscream (Officer): Joined during Karazhan. The guild disbanded after weeks of wiping on Kalecgos in Sunwell Plateau.

Elitism - Stormrage (Member): Due to some server latency, we free-migrated to Vek'nilash, an empty server. After killing Lich King Heroic the guild broke down as for many, Arthas was the milestone they wanted to reach in WoW and others just couldn't stand being on an empty server such as that.

Aurora - Stormrage (Member): Aurora (now in Kazzak as Aurora Nox) was a guild made of good players all around Stormrage and Elitism who migrated back from Vek'nilash. With Aurora I've done everything in Cataclysm except Dragon Souls. After Ragnaros Heroic and before Dragon Souls came out I got a job offer in Ireland. I moved here and because of my working schedule, I couldn't make 2 of their 3 raiding days on time. Work ended at the same time the raid began so running home and being 15 minutes late just wasn't cutting it. Aurora was back then the #1 25m 3-day raiding guild.

Behemoth - Stormrage (Officer): When Elitism disbanded a small batch of them formed a 10 man guild with a different raiding schedule than Aurora, so that's where I decided to go to. They were the best 10 man guild on the server and it was full of people I've played with before, they later renamed to No Logic (relevant). With Mythic raiding announced, the guild decided to stick to Heroics and keep the friends & family environment they've known since Wrath. As I wanted to keep on raiding Cutting Edge content, I looked for something else at that point.

Security - Frostmane (Member): This was the first time I was in a guild which wasn't partially formed from a previous guild, a fresh start, so I decided to go big. Been playing Moonkin for the whole expansion, the recruiter tells me "we have no room for a Moonkin but we just lost our Feral officer to Scrubbusters, guy who was averaging world 5-10 ranks on WarcraftLogs (World of Logs at the time), if you feel you can fill in his shoes we can give you a go". In a moment of insanity I agreed to it, they were World 15 at the time. Never have I spent that long on a target dummy nor been as stressed while raiding. Passed my trial and 4 months later the guild disbanded. Turns out a 14 month patch can break even a Vanilla guild. In the end, I tried and I succeeded. I was ok with that outcome.

No Logic - Shattered Hand (Officer): Went back to No Logic, where I had all my friends, and after a lot of hard-work recruiting, we had a mythic roster. Even killed Garrosh Mythic a good 5-6 times before WoD, managed to recruit Security's raid leader and some others from there, happy days. Somewhere down the line there were a ton of personality clashes between people and groups had started to form, similar to Essence, I'd imagine: "I want to have fun and enjoy raiding!" // "I want to be the very best like no one ever was!". People kept quitting, I kept recruiting and it just got exhausting after a while. I was no longer enjoying the game as much so after much thought, I decided to stop playing WoW. Seeing 1000 played days across my characters did aid in this decision. Would play Overwatch and D3 with them, but no WoW. After a while, I came back and they were back to a casual environment with 10-14 raiders doing heroics. We've done some raids together such as BRF and mainly HFC before the guild died as after a while, we'd have 5-7 people logging for on raid night.

Wild Animals - Argent Dawn (Member): Before you instantly decline this application, let me explain, there's a good reason to have gone Alliance on Argent Dawn. Can't think of it but I'm sure there was a good reason. So I work with some people who play WoW and after constantly listening to them talk about their raids, I decided to get back to it. 1 day raiding, 2:30 hours, heroic-only, no problem, it's enough to scratch the raiding itch! Spoilers: it wasn't. The more I killed Gul'dan Heroic, the more I wanted to do Mythic, so I started gearing my alt there to raid with them on their 1-day week raids and once that was done, looked for a guild on the Druid.

Enlightened - Dragonblight (Member): Mythic raiding friend back from No Logic invited me to join them, so I did.

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild?

Within 12 hours of killing Gul'dan Mythic we had 13 less raiders in the guild. I wasn't aware of it at first since a friend invited me to raid with the guild, however it seems the guild had undergone severe officer and guild leadership changes a few months before I joined, which led to groups of people forming in the guild. We had 6 people leave right after Gul'dan and the other 6 left over the next 12 hours, effectively decommissioning the guild.

I wasn't aware of it at first but the guild was divided into 2 groups of players following an officer and guild leadership revamp a few months back. So to sas we killed Gul'dan last Tuesday we had 13 raider we cleared Gul'dan and fast-forwarding 12 hours, the guild had 13 raiders less.

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (in 10, 20, 25 or 40 man raids, before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?

Vanilla: Cleared Ouro (C'Thun left) and just Razuvious in Naxx. Spent most time farming the rank 14 PvP weapons as they were the best weapons in the game when the decision was made.

TBC: Cleared everything as current content, including M'uru pre-nerf.

WotLK: Cleared everything as current content (25m), including several realm firsts such as Ulduar, ToC and ICC.

Cata: Cleared everything as current content. Everything except Dragon Souls on 25m.

MoP: Cleared ToT and SoO while current with more Garrosh kills than I care to admit on both 25 and 10m. I skipped Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear and Terrace as I was on the 1st break from WoW. D3 (big fan) had released months before MoP which kept me hooked to it and I also had a lot on my plate IRL to add raiding back to the scale.

WoD: 6/7 Highmaul Mythic, 6/10 BRF Mythic, 13/13 HFC Heroic (10m) - Joined a guild of friends in WoD, people lost interest, dropping it from a Mythic raiding guild to sub 20 member guild.

Legion: 7/7 EN Heroic (10m), 3/3 ToV Heroic (10m), 10/10 Nighthold Mythic - Same guild as above for EN and ToV.

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why?

I can't possibly mention just one!

Mu'ru pre-nerf - Possibly the hardest, but not from a mechanic standpoint but with how unfair it was with its raid setup requirements.

Yogg-Saron 10m - Although we were a 25m guild, we had a 10m focused group going. This was the only time in WoW we got to a boss before tactics or guides were out. We had to figure everything as we went, which was both thrilling and challenging. We ended up with a world 41 kill on it.

Ragnaros and Garrosh Mythic - From a mechanics perspective these two as I was both responsible for clearing the fire patches and guiding the Iron Star respectively. The latter was much more challenging as messing your timing with that god-forsaken Star would often mean a wipe.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug:

As I've joined a Mythic Nighthold guild from 6/10 onwards in full heroic gear, the sample is regrettably small. Additionally, the "By Item Level" percentiles will put me in a better light due to gearing. Lastly, the Elisande situation happened due to an unfortunate death on our first and only Elisande kill (the guild decided to extend after):

Here you go!

I tend to avoid older logs as the older they are, the less relevant they become, however I'll give you all I can find to make up for the small Mythic sample above.

Latest logs before I moved to the Mythic raiding guild: 1-3 Nighthold Heroic parses (may open on the Warrior due to same name)

Same guild as the above, bit undergeared and before my actual character name became available in the server. This was when I came back to WoW after No Logic broke in ToV HC - 1-3 Nighthold HC logs and 1-5 Nighthold NM logs.

Most active period, playing mainly 10m with friends. There's Emerald Nightmare logs as Feral, Hellfire Citadel as Balance, BRF as Warrior (guild needed a warrior), Highmaul also as Warrior and a crapload of Feral on Siege of Orgrimmar (25-Man Heroic was pre-Mythic):

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion?

After 12 years of WoW, or nearly 1100 /played, I've outgrown the notion of raiding 5-7 days a week. I want to utilize some of my free time to do things that have been put on hold for a while such as learning programming, properly playing the guitar and going through the huge backlog of games that piled up over the years; currently on Witcher 3!

Additionally, as I leave work at 19:00 every day (I live a 15-minute walk from work) your starting hours are a huge plus as I'd finally be able to have dinner before raids; the actual dream ladies and gentlemen!

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion?

Because I'm looking for a community, not just a guild, and I think you can offer me that. I'm looking to join a group of like-minded individuals who'll be having a good time and laughing on TS between raids, perhaps even play other games together. I don't want to join a guild with the aim of raiding 1-2 tiers and then going our separate ways. As you've seen through my guild history, I've been playing with nearly the same people from the end of TBC (Elitism) to WoD (No Logic), even flew to Sweden for 2 weeks to visit some of them and had 2 people over as well at some point. I'm in it for the long run. I'd also like to believe I'm a competent raider who's not an elitist prick towards people but instead helps when needed.

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level?

Started playing it recently, a Warrior ilvl 900.
Furial
Trialist

Main Character: Furial

Re: Furial - Feral Druid

Postby Shedo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:31 am

Hi Furial,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, your application is currently under review and we will come back to you with an answer shortly.

Kind regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Postby Shedo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi Furial,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I am pleased to inform you that your application has been successful! Please contact an officer in-game for an invite or further questions.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Postby Furial » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:04 pm

Those are great news, thanks!

I'll be home at around 20:00 server time so I'll give you guys a poke then.

Regards,
Tom
Furial
Trialist

Main Character: Furial

Postby Ozinaq » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:41 pm

If you havnt started the transfer yet, it would be nice if you were able to buy up your servers Slice of Bacon. theres 20 stacks of 20 on your auction house, if you can afford them all, i'll buy em off you when you get here :D
Ozinaq
Officer

Main Character: Ozinaq

Return to Applications