Mage Application

Post here if you want to apply to Avalerion. Read the stickies first!

Mage Application

Postby Jadaca » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:14 am

Personal information

Languages: English
Any other information (e.g. periods of time you might be unavailable due to real life i.e. your work shifts, or exams/periods of study): No current studying going on i do work but that doesnt affect the guilds raiding schedule if it otherwise would (unlikely) you would know weeks in advance.

General character information:

Name: Ebonchíll
Class:Mage
Raid Role:Dps
Battle tag:Jadaca#2429

Give justification for your talent choices:
Lvl 15-firestarter is the go to talent for me at the current moment it is like having a mini combustion at the start of fights and helps fish for bracer procs for the big burst when actually using combustion, it also synergizes well with our current tier which allows me to stack for more mastery than crit.

Lvl 30-Shimmer because double blink and casting while blinking is so important for hard casting pyro and dodging mechanics at the same time.

Lvl 45-Incanters flow currently, as constant % increase in damage is very nice in fights with alot of movement (most of them) whereas RoP is stronger burst wise i'd rather be more mobile and safe and not risk a death in the raid.

Lvl 60-Flame on allows me more hot streak procs which is the bread and butter of fire and makes it so I can chuck out more pyroblasts.
Alextrasza's fury is great for constant aoe fights with the legendary head so id switch depending on the fight.

Lvl 75-Frenetic speed for more movement however if raid did need more cc i could choose ring of frost or ice ward but more comes down to what the fight/raid needs.

Lvl 90- Unstable magic for Pure ST fights like goroth not much to say on this talent its very boring but increases fireball dmg occasionally.
Flame patch for add fight like misstress and harjatan when the adds are up longer than 5 seconds
usually 3-4+ adds i would take flame patch.
Living bomb on 5+ adds since its aoe explosion and spread dmg is quite strong and works well when there is a ton of adds up.

Lvl 100-Kindling most the time since more combustions for me = more dmg especially for antorus since its looking like combustion will be an even stronger CD than it currently is,However i dont rule out meteor its really strong for ST and can be a huge boost in ignite damage so this tier also depends on the fight but i do prefer kindling.

Give justification for your gemming and secondary stat choices. Gemming i use simcraft to see all my stats and to constantly improve my character atm its simming vers as my highest ST but for ToS nothing is really ST (count maiden and goroth out) and mastery starts to see a rise with the constant ignite damage coming out so i tend to go for more mastery gear at the moment.

Provide a Link to your armory: (ensure you're in your main spec gear):https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/defias-brotherhood/ebonch%C3%ADll

Provide a screenshot of your UI in a raid environment you can use http://imgur.com/ to post your screenshot). This is NOT optional:https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/332236202054778891/378322310169624576/unknown.png
(note on this so i dont look like a hypocrite i had my Sim ST talents on so RoP and meteor)

Do you have a viable offspec which you could play on progression? as a mage i would be keeping up all 3 specs for any encounter but my main two are fire and arcane

Guild Background:

Please give an overview of your guild history: Started raiding in WoD HFC on a warlock and as my first time raiding plus months into HFC we didnt progress to far i think we managed to kill fel lord zakuun before i stopped for school work. the guild itself was called "Sanguine Venus" and it was a fun guild to be apart of.
I then started to really raid in legion and found a guild called "Prime" which was going ok we got Cutting edge EN and killed elisande mythic however we couldnt get gul'dan due to players being lazy like not completing there weekly 15/10 and not putting in the effort alot of us were putting in so eventually me and the friends i made in that guild decided to look for a higher progress one.
I then found a guild called "Trainwreck" which was going really great was top 50 in the first couple weeks of ToS mythic but lacked behind on misstress, after eventually killing her our tank and both raid leaders decided to join a different guild/felt burnt out so the guild died from there.
i then decided to give it one more shot and joined a guild called "Ninth order" and got 7/9 with them relatively easy but i felt burnt out from jumping guilds and not knowing anyone it just didnt feel fun for me anymore so i told the raidleader i was going to step down but if he needed me he can whisper me anytime.
note on all of this at the time i was playing my main which was a feral druid/guardian and since the changes to feral basically becoming a shred bot i decided to play my mage and do weekly heroic runs and just spam m+

What is the reason for leaving your current/last guild? im a social in the current guild im in, Sanity and would like to go for more of a raiding guild

Raiding Background:

What is your raiding experience (in 10, 20, 25 or 40 man raids, before each instance was outdated by a tier / expansion)?
my earliest raiding experience was firelands 10 man back in cata but it was super casual and i was quite young then so i didnt really get what was going on. Since then my earliest was HFC clearing Zakuun Mythic

What is the most challenging boss fight you have faced, and why? Most challenging for me probably has to be misstress that might be because at the time this was pre nerf misstress and no crucible so she was a huge brick wall for our guild and had over 200-300 wipes on her alone.

Please provide logs of you playing the character you wish to apply on either from current progression or from a pug: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ch%C3%ADll my current logs as my mage quick note on this tho is my main feral druid was the char i played the most and actually doing mythic on him so all my mythic logs for EN NH and ToS are on him, if you would also like me to link those id be happy to do so

Additional Information:

Why do you want to join Avalerion? Looking to do raiding again and this guild came up as a very mature guild and respectable one.

Why do you think you can be a valuable addition to Avalerion? Im always looking to improve no matter how good i may think i am im always trying to look up guides on how to be better how to maximise my dps for this fight best places to stand, and constantly simming myself to be the best i can be. Mechanically i pride myself in not failing all the time and letting the raid down, I focus on tactics like no other.

Do you have any significant alts? If so, what class and level? My druid is now my alt with 938 ilvl feral/guardian and a Havoc DH around 935
Jadaca

Main Character: Ebonchill

Re: Mage Application

Postby Ozinaq » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi Jadaca,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, your application is currently under review and we will come back to you with an answer shortly.

Kind regards,
Ozi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Ozinaq
Officer

Main Character: Ozinaq

Re: Mage Application

Postby Shedo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:09 am

Hi Jadaca,

Thanks for your application to Avalerion, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful. Please contact an officer in-game if you require further information, we wish you the best of luck in finding a guild that suits you.

Regards,
Shedi

On behalf of the Avalerion management team
Shedo
Officer

Main Character: Shedi

Return to Applications